Sunday, April 26, 2009

No faith in Republicans

I remember spending all day watching the news when Ronald Reagan was shot - during school. I had a teacher who allowed students who wanted to stay and watch, just watch and talk about what happened and what could happen. My first vote - just over three years later, was for Reagan. I chaired a governor's campaign and attended state conventions, and at nine month's pregnant - with my third child - worked the phones for the first President Bush.
Now, I have no faith in the party I so strongly supported and believed in - we have parted ways, but I haven't changed my values. The Republican party left me long ago.
Conservatives need to take the Republican name back. For too long we allowed the left leaning, "fiscal conservatives" moral liberal faction lead our party and enough is enough.

Check my twitter - thezoo6. I'll be tweeting about Oregon and its problems as a warning of where the nation will be in a few years - if republications and conservatives don't unite and fight liberals of all parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment