Thursday, March 11, 2010

So Little Time

Tonight I took the next step in speaking out, something I haven't done in over 15 years - I attended a political meeting. I need to find my niche - an organization I can devote my limited time to - one where my involvement will make a difference for my children and my grandchildren; one that will perpetuate freedom over tyranny.

The meeting, an AFP 'protest' training meeting was attended by members of the Tea Party movement, the 9-12 project, members of the Rubicon Society and the Republican party - good organizations all, but I can't be involved in all of them. How do I choose the organization I am going to work with?

Though my gut says AFP and my heart says 9-12, my history is with the Republican party. So many good organizations, so little time - and I have to choose.

Unfortunately, I am not speaking about my limited time, I am speaking of the limited time our nation has. If we don't change the direction our country is going, the liberties we currently enjoy will not be enjoyed by our children - and maybe not even by us in the next few years.

When President Obama says he would rather be a great one term president than a mediocre two term president, don't believe it - there is no such thing as a great one term president. In order to hand this great nation, with all the liberties citizens have enjoyed for over 200 years intact to our children, we have just a few months to ensure this mediocre president is a lame duck after 11/3/2010.

I'll have to attend a few more meetings before I choose which organization I'll give my heart and soul to for the next few months - too bad time isn't on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment